Sunday, January 6, 2013

(This Weekend I)...My weekend with the plague.

I'm linky shtinkyin up with Syndal and Sar:



I'm sure you guys get tired of reading blogger excuses. Like, "I didn't take any photos this weekend" and I really don't have a lot of new content other than what I posted on Instagram already.. but that's all I got for you today. I took a FEW photos with the fancy camera this weekend, mostly of the cat (who's surprised!?)... but I just feel weird about bringing out my camera. I feel like it has to be a legit/important event to haul out the "big" camera. It just feels different than carrying around a little point and shoot. I need to get over that, I bought the damn thing to take nice photos!

This weekend though, I think I have a decent excuse. M came down with the plague sometime late last week and this weekend involved a lot of couch and sweatpants. This doesn't differ from other weekends in many respects but I felt the need to mention that.

This Friday ... my friend Molly came over for a few hours and we chatted and I made dinner. After she left, M and I split some ice cream under the assumption that it'd help his throat. I instagrammed the following photo, with a caption indicating that M and I had created an ice cream wall between the healthy side of the pint and the plagued side:

 

You guys had a lot to say about that, and Syndal even suggested that germs could JUMP from side to side. PREPOSTEROUS! What, like she's a doctor or something. (;-)). 

This weekend (Saturday).. I cleaned the house and M laid in the man-cave.. alternating between blowing his nose, chewing on ice cubes, and sleeping. I went over to my dad's Saturday night to watch the Vikings game (which we won't discuss after this point) and M went to watch with some of his guy friends. I could've gone with M and the guys, but my dad loves when I come over for this kind of stuff (I think he misses having me around the house) so I went over there. He was also having some of his friends over, and I've known those guys my whole life too.. so it's always a good time. 

I tweeted the other day that my dad texted about beanie babies (he's trying to declutter before the wedding) and I howled that he better not throw out the Princess Di one. I'm a child of the 90s, what can I say? Mostly, I'm not crazy, but I got this beanie baby from a pen pal (from LONDON) so it seemed extra special. I'm also curious if it's worth any money, since I was smart and I kept its tag in a protective case.

Also, it's hard to not be a pack rat with some of my old things (not necessarily just the beanie babies), but when I see adorable nurseries pimped out with vintage toys it makes me want to save ALL THE THINGS.

This weekend (Sunday) we slept in waaayyyy late and I lost any ounce of energy I was going to use to go to Caribou to work on my brief. There's serious irony in the fact that I rejoiced in finally being done with school and not having to do homework on the weekends... only to enter a career that has me working, more often than I'd care to admit, on the weekends. Alas, a deadline is a deadline and motion practice is often like this. Our initial brief was due 4 weeks before the hearing, we filed replies to their briefs and briefs of our own and those were due 14 days before the hearing, another set of replies due 9 days before, and the last ones are due tomorrow. If you're confused, so am I. Hearing is on Wednesday.

I spent the morning Sunday chasing TJ around the house and blowing on his pooch. He HATED it and retreated to the highest point in the house.. the fridge:


Then he decided to help me with my brief...

And when he got tired of that, and decided the desk was not a suitable place to nap, he crawled his uncoordinated ass onto my lap. TJ isn't a HUGE cat, but it's a tight fit. 



Annnyway, that was pretty much our weekend. I started rounding up addresses for save the dates. I have my entire side of the list finalized (dad was easier than I imagined!) and have all but a handful of my side addressed. Just need M to wrangle his side and we'll be good to go! We don't plan on sending them out until March.. but, I'm a Type A. So, that's that.

Hope you all had a good weekend! M and I have some dinner plans this week, I have that hearing Wednesday, and then my work party this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some better blog fodder ;)

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post.. the alternate title is: The Wedding Registry: WTF.

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing weekend, if not the most exciting or healthy. I hope everyone feels better and that M's germs did not jump over your line in the ice cream. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat (probably the result of sleeping with my mouth open) but had a fleeting moment of panic for talking up my bionic immune system. Thankfully it's gone away!

      Delete
  2. yes yes yes. excellent weekend.
    I am PUMPED for your registry post because that? was crazy. CRAZY. and a little annoying.

    anyways, I had my invitations all put together by February and we didn't send them out til May. Type A'ers til the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute ! I hope M feels better soon! And I am already dying to read your 'WTF' post tomorrow.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hopefully it's not a let down! haha. Mostly it's a WTF do I PUT on a registry when we have everything. Hoping for some good suggestions from you guys!

      Delete
    2. Bummer than M is sick. We kinda passed around some colds/flu over the Christmas/New Year holidays in our family. No fun at all.


      Have a great week! :)

      Delete
  4. I just love your cat!!! Seriously!! That picture of him on top of the fridge...he actually looks like he is sitting on a chair at a table and he is raising his paw and trying to get on the table!!! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, the plague was nasty. I had it last week. Sorry about your weekend brief-ing. And 'WTF' is so right about the wedding registry. It's awful. Yet expected/needed/ridiculous.

    Can't wait for more fodder, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cat is so stinkin cute!!! And building a barrier wall between the sides of your ice cream container may not be a surefire way to prevent the passing of some germs, but I like the thought and effort.

    Stopping by from Syndal's blog hop. Have a good day!
    MarlaJan @ Luck Fupus
    http://luckfupus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So when you posted that fridge pic of TJ and the fridge I thought he was under the fridge, on his back looking out. Clearly I was way too hopped up on cold meds yesterday. Ha!! It's very clear that he is on top and looking down. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! The ice cream thing cracked me up! Sorry your man is sick. Mine is sick as of today & I AM NOT GOING TO GET SICK!!! (i hope!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the divided ice cream!! haha

    ReplyDelete