Monday, January 21, 2013

Birthdays and Booze: the weekend round up

This weekend was one of those weekends that just made me feel really grateful for my life.
M was out of town (no, that's not why I was grateful- and wouldn't that be sad?)
Friday I just relaxed with my favorite little furball

Saturday morning I woke up early and headed to the gym with a bag packed so I could get ready there before heading to my parents house.
I will maintain until my death that it was NOT MY FAULT that this happened:


Yeah.
I was "that girl" at the gym.
But some old lady was LEERING at me as I was unpacking my stuff and getting out my lock and headphones. She totally threw me off, and in my haste, I tossed my key back into my purse and proceeded to lock it all in my locker. WAH.
I went and worked out and then had to ask an employee to cut my lock off. Except, she was super tiny and we sort of mangled the latch for the actual locker trying to cut it off. Woops.

After that debacle I showered and headed to my parent's house.
Dad had a bathroom designer coming over, since he wants to get it redone before the wedding, and he asked me to be there (and save his bathroom from a remodel that put it promptly back in the 80s. Love him, but pops' sense of home style is a wee bit dated.)

After the designer left, we headed to Wisconsin for my Grandma's 95th birthday.
We had 40 mph winds a good portion of the day on Saturday, and the siding started to come off my Grandma's house. So my brother went outside to try to tuck it in.. and the wind kept blowing his shirt up.
Like a good sibling, I stood inside and took photos.
He doesn't know my blog exists, so, I get to do things like this. :)


Sunday I had a little blogger brunch with Jess, Syndal and Lauren at Granite City.
We met at 11:30 and I didn't hop into my car until 2:45, if that tells you anything about what kind of a time we had.


Such a good brunch buffet with an "omelette to order" bar.


Syndal was enjoying herself the bottomless mimosas.
We were under the impression she'd be ordering them herself, but when she wasn't even half done with the first one and new ones KEPT showing up, we determined there was on a set "order" of mimosa variety, and our waiter Damien kept them comin'.


Lo applying the "skinny filter" for Damien's poor photo angle skills.


M was home from his ice fishing weekend by the time I got home, and we proceeded to watch copious amounts of football. 
Sunday night we made homemade ravioli I might post the recipe, although it'd have to be with some addendums about what NOT to do, since it ended up being far too lemony. Otherwise, it was good. 


In fact it was SO lemony I couldn't even finish it.
After brunch I napped and then ate a bunch of CheezIts around dinnertime, so I wasn't terrible hungry.
About to crawl into bed and watch Dateline with my actual dinner: a bag of popcorn.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - your grandma is the cutest. Love the pics of her!

    Love the one of you & Syndal :)

    An OMELETTE TO ORDER BAR!?! WHAT? That sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great weekend, and love the pics...putting that new camera to use huh?!

    I also nominated you for the Liebster Award!! You can go to the following link for the rules! Can't wait to learn more about you!
    http://itsgoodtobequeen13.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-monday-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha don't feel bad about the gym incident, I always tell myself when I'm THAT girl that I'm just the person that makes everyone else feel better about what they're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw I love little teej and squishy cat!!! (er..mush cat? I always forget)

    and hey-at least you went to the gym-good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a great weekend. You gals look like you had a great time.

    Happy 95th to your Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun weekend!! :) Except for the lock being cut! EEK!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the photos of your grandma are awesome!!!

    xo the egg out west.

    ReplyDelete