Sunday, March 18, 2012

Weekend Randoms

As promised, here are some of the updated shots of our progress from last weekend! As you can see we got a cord-keeper to hide 90% of the snarl of cords, and for now that's as good as it's going to get! A close up of my Michaels crafted flower decoration. Who knew giant plastic flowers were so expensive! That's a glass vase I painted black. Only because I had to.. I was so excited when I got home from Michaels that I brought the whole vase/flower ensemble outside to show M, who was painting the entryway table. The wind then knocked it over and smashed the lip. womp. SO I put duct tape on the top so it wasn't sharp and painted it all. I actually like it darker better.

Here's the full shot of the finished tv, shelves, and flower arrangement
A finished shot of our little entryway vignette. The finished table, my topiary tree, and 2 small canvases I made. The one on the left says "Home is where the heart is" in stickers. The one on the right, that never photographs well, is a white heart made of glue, and then the whole canvas was spray painted white to give it a "raised" effect. Mirror was a grandma hand-me-down. In the reflection are more mirrors that are on the other wall... which I'll have to photograph when we get a new couch.
TJ lounging, per usual, while we worked on the house.
annnddd lastly, the most adorable puppy on the planet- Nina. She's a white golden retriever, M's friends' puppy. To die for cute. Saturday we went to M's friends and grilled, played yard games, and drank from 1:30-10 or so. Couldn't think of a better way to spend an 80 degree mid-March day. unbelievable weather we've been having lately!
Today (Sunday) M and I got new cabinet hardware. We replaced the old hardware of the existing cabinets and added it to the new cabinets. Granite shopping was a bust today, so hopefully we can do that next weekend... so I can finally take pictures of the finished product. Of course after that there will be backsplash to come, yet... but it'll be more finished than it is now at least.

-Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Your entry way looks so cute! I love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, found my way to your blog. You have a lovely house and adorable animals. <3

    funandruins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete