Thursday, June 6, 2013

Office Update

Thank you all for the sweet words on the office!
I know how hard my dad works, and that it's hard for him sometimes with my mom, so I love doing things like this.

The boys got back from Canada last night around 5:30. Stephen and I tag teamed the effort to keep my dad out of the garage (so he wouldn't see all the old furniture sitting there and go, "whaa?").

Finally, things settled down, their other friend Clyde left, and my dad was going to show us some photos. I told him, "Before you do that, I have something I want to show you. Come this way."

We walked down the hallway, and I said, "Consider this an early father's day present of sorts."

and as I was opening the door, he says, "oh my god, you did it again, didn't you?!" (referring to the last time he was out of town in FL, when I redid the kitchen).. and then he saw it. He followed up with a chorus of, "oh my god. wow. this looks so nice! holy cow!" and then, because it's my dad (you know you're supposed to paint the vents to match the walls? do you still have the paint? I can do that later."-- hahah...okay, dad.) Then he says, "Man, I was just thinking I needed to buy paint for this room."

So, needless to say, it went over well! I had plans to hang more artwork, but they got back sooner than I expected, so I ran out of time. Although, my dad has always been a HUGE baseball fan, so when my brother and I were poking around the basement looking for things we could add to the room, we found my dad has the newspapers, Sports Illustrated, Wheaties boxes, etc., from when the Minnesota Twins won the world series in 1987 and 1991. So, I have plans to buy some frames for those to add to his office!

8 comments:

  1. Awww! That's so sweet! He seems super grateful and is definitely lucky to have such a thoughtful daughter like you! Glad he loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet. I knew he would love it! That's an awesome idea about framing the Twins stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwweee!! :) So glad he loved it!! It's awesome that you can incorporate some of his own baseball treasures in the room, too!

      Delete
  3. You're such a sweet daughter. Glad he approved and appreciated your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! I'm glad he loved it. This was such a sweet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is sooo sweet & fun!!! Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thats so cool that he loved it so much! good job!

    ReplyDelete