Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?
This is how she looked when we moved in.
We lived with the brown for about a year, I'd have to guess, before I realized just how much of our house was painted brown (the exterior, living room, hallway, bathroom, and one guest room) and the brown slowly started to feel like walls of poop closing in on me.
We painted the walls gray, and for a while the living room looked like this:
It wasn't terribly offensive but it wasn't at its best yet. We putzed on other rooms, in the meantime.
(If you're noticing the presence of an additional doorway between photos 1 and 2, that's because there is one. We knocked out the wall/closed up the entryway to the basement in the kitchen to make the kitchen more usable).
We bought and sold a couch somewhere in there, and endured a brief stint with our second IKEA rug, before being handed down M's mom's old living room set- because you don't say no to nailhead trim... EVER. Only problem was I then hated the living room again. The furniture was a dark brown/green/grey color that didn't seem to match with anything.
Then came the wedding in which we were gifted an unholy amount of Target gift cards, and I took it as our opportunity to switch some items out for a little overhaul that made a huge impact. Ready for an after?
Nearly everything in this room is from Target.. and I don't even feel bad about it. Haha. Nate Berkus can do no wrong in my book, and Target has been ON POINT lately.
- Bronze stamped side table
- Faux-wood veneer side table was also Target but isn't online anymore
- embroidered floral throw pillow
- sweater throw pillow
- Other floral-y blue pillow was also Target
- Est. 2013/M/K burlap pillows were an etsy wedding gift
- Rug was also Target (but they only appear to have smaller sizes/runners left in this print)
- Floral chairs were Target a few years ago but they always have similar styles
- Tray/floral centerpiece on the coffee table was also Target, neither are online (same can be said for the magenta floral in the mercury glass on the side table).
- Lamps were Target but I'm not seeing them online (similar more expensive, also pretty obsessed with these mercury glass ones).
- The large black/linen frame, small slatted wood frame, washed out wood frame (far left), 2 stacked 4x4 (PERFECT for instagrams) frame, the 5x5 matted frame (for more dramatic IG's), and the faux-window-pane frame are all Target
- Large canvas is from Agape Moments
- Small canvas is from easy canvas prints
- Small leaf sconce was from Target a few years ago, it was black and came in a 2 pack, I sprayed it out gold (and have yet to find a home for the second sconce.. maybe the master redo)
- Silver mirrored frame on side table was a wedding gift- it's from kate spade
- Entry way mirror was a hand-me-down from my grandma
- Jane Austin print
- Ampersand print
- The rest of the room was pretty much DIY's..
Jazzed is an understatement. :-D
And in the spirit of keeping it real, a cat who had a vendetta against the duster...