Generally speaking....and try not to take offense to this... I find checklist type posts to be boring as sin. Then I saw Sarah's wedding checklist... and I was all "GIMME".. I need one place to stick everything and my itty bitty planner that only had a "craft" and "buy" list was just not cutting it.
I can guarantee I'll feel 100 times more at ease knowing I have this master list of items I can check off and I don't have to keep cycling things over in my head so I don't forget them.
REMINDERS TO PEOPLE/PAYMENTS DUE
- Pay balance of DJ by September 14th
- Pay balance to Como by September 20th (as well as head count- put meal RSVPs into spreadsheet for wait staff to make it easier on them!)
- (figure out when it's due....and then) Pay balance to photographer
- (figure out when it's due....and then) Pay balance for honeymoon
- Grow a money tree
- Get signed letter from Father for our discounted marriage license (HOLLA)
STUFF TO BUY
- Pillar candles for lanterns
- Tell M that "gifts for the parents" is a thing, and figure out wtf we're doing with this
- Any additional jewelry..? figure out if I want any.
- Get dress altered
- Stay on top of M and the boys to get ties and socks (see also: make sure my little brother has basically everything that the rest of them can be counted on to get themselves. Oy.)
- Book party bus ... I think we're close!
- Hotel room? Staying at the house? I can imagine I'll just want to spoon with TJ that night anyway, guys (JUST KIDDING....)
- Make decorations list with photographs for my not so top secret wedding helpers.... I figure I should do a post on that in the near future, too. :)
- Ask wedding venue about any potential cupcake stands they have, and at what cost..otherwise crack and email our cake guy to tell him we'll use his
- Keep tabs on wedding registries post-shower
- Call Shane Co. and figure out how long they need to solder my rings together.. waffle one last time on whether I want to do it, ultimately get them soldered, and then weep while my ring is MIA for some period of time
- "organize" M's gift... TEE-HEE
- Finish gluing together silk flowers and weighting them so they stay sunk in the vases
- Finish "anniversary books" for the tables
- Make a few more wine cork holders for table #s
- Figure out if I'm doing 1 menu per table, or per place- if 1 per table, how they'll stand up
- Make some kind of burlap bow for mom's wheelchair-- we trickin' her out, yo
- Make pocket squares (once the ties are ordered so I can match fabric)
- Print invitations and RSVP cards (add #s to RSVP cards for people who fail to fill in name)
- Print menus
- Design and print programs
- Design and print some table signage for kids stuff/wedding photo collection
- Design and print rehearsal dinner invites
- Print remaining Instagram wedding photos and tape to string- also figure out how to display ones that won't fit in frame (will explain better later.. :))
- Hotel gift bags.... I'll be honest, I'm REALLY apathetic about this. People don't need a Dasani with our faces on it. This is probably not even going to happen.
- Wrap bridesmaids gifts
- Bachelorette party- September 14th.... get a dress?
- Bridal shower, ladies only, September 8th ....wear something I own
- Email aunt and uncle about couples shower ASAP- shoot for mid to late August.. probably wear something I own..
- Put tip stuff in labeled envelopes - P.s. Who the hell do I tip? (I know for sure priest, [bus driver would be included in fee]... do I have to tip the DJ and Photographer? Anybody else I'm forgetting? What's custom? 10%? 20% like restaurants? Better question- isn't my RIDICULOUS sums of money I'm spending for all these services enough? Why do I have to tip anyone? Why can't people just charge what they need to charge as a livable wage and be done with it?
- Get cantor a gift card because she's a family friend doing it for free and that's awesome and something I have no problem spending some money on....boom
- Get marriage license.. minor detail
- Pick which package (# of meal options we'll be giving people)
- Send over meal choices
- Set up tasting
- Figure out if Father is coming
- Decide if I want to get a dress....
- Print readings for best man and MOH
- Make sure cantor knows the music and is feelin' comfortable
- Seating chart
- Figure out if Father is coming and what he wants to eat- actually, scratch that, check to see if I'm sending him an official invite. I may have one addressed already...
- Add table numbers and meal choices to finished place cards
- Coordinate who is picking up gifts
- Coordinate who is tearing down reception space- see aforementioned not so top secret wedding helpers.. ;)
- If I'm not penniless and crazy.. try to remember to pick up a few new "summery" outfits to wear
- Buy or borrow some books
anything major I'm leaving off?.....