Friday, October 18, 2013

CONTENT

So, this week has been a little crazy, and while I do have a honeymoon post AND a rehearsal dinner post drafted (who am I?) I want to hold off to start until next week. Fridays are notoriously slow, and I figured why not keep it in the same calendar week, eh? I'm also sorta kinda hoping we'll get our photos back in the interim. I don't want to start those posts and then have a gap while I wait for photos.

This week has also just been crazy adjusting to the real world. Trying to do laundry, unpacking from Mexico, finding time to sort through the giant tupperware of wedding gifts we opened Sunday, getting new banking information set up.. OH and if all that didn't sound like it'd keep our hands full, we bought a new car Wednesday night.

Behold, (Woooahhhh) Black Betty: 


You can only sort of see her back there but she's a Mazda CX5. Shockingly great gas mileage for a small SUV, better than the other car we have actually (a Malibu). We've said that the car will be 50/50 but M wants me to drive it to work. We'll see. I have a lot of guilt over this since it was kind of his brain child- he researched, he compared, he worked out all the financing. But I guess that's sorta what marriage is about, isn't it?

SO, between all that, I've been a little loopy. I did something with the hashtag of our wedding photos, and I'm excited to share that! I got them printed on prinstagram, and they're en route as we speak!

I was driving home last night and thinking how lucky I have it. M and I are able to buy a brand new car, have a house, and still live a good comfortable lifestyle. Some people own zero cars, let alone a newer used one.. and we were able to do this for ourselves. Don't get me wrong, we're not rolling in it- and this is the first NEW new car for either of us. ever. So it's still a big deal to us. But I just love thinking about how far I, we, have come.

There are times where I wait for the other shoe to drop. My life seems a little TOO good. To me. I don't say this to brag, but to acknowledge that I am so unbelievably content. With the exception of the strenuous job hunt at times, I'm fortunate to be at a great firm right now. They're in transition but the people are good and I've been getting some fantastic opportunities. I'm excited to see where I go from here.

Anyway, that's enough mush for today.
M and I have a wedding tomorrow- our first one as a married couple! I wouldn't trade our day for the entire world but it'll be kind of nice to just be able to sit back, relax, and soak it all in.. as we remember our own day.

Hope you guys have a good weekend! I'll be back Monday with a weekend recap (I hope), and then hope to kick off some wedding recaps. Wee!


2 comments:

  1. Good things do happen to good people. I'm sure you deserve it. Enjoy it while you can, when kids come along all your extras go to them =P. I went to buy a few new shirts the other day and came home with only things for Liam. lol

    ReplyDelete