Thursday, December 5, 2013

WEDDING RECAP // THE CEREMONY


The ceremony was one of the most surreal moments of the day, and to be honest, I wish I remembered more of it. It reminded me of when I used to participate in plays in grade school- you spend so much time rehearsing, anticipating, preparing, and then suddenly you're on stage and people are there watching you. When Canon in D started it really felt like the day was starting. Sure, we had all the photos before and whatnot, but everybody else being there in that church- waiting, knowing I was walking in to hundreds of our family and friends. It was incredibly exciting. :)

 

We didn't have a traditional receiving line- and weren't going to have one at all, but we got sort of trapped (see my other post about what I'd do differently) so we had some people waiting outside when we exited, which really surprised me when I heard cheering and clapping, haha. This is one of my favorite candids though :) 

After the ceremony it was off to The Bulldog in St. Paul for some drinks!

Up next: post-ceremony

5 comments:

  1. The ceremony was my favorite part too, it made everything REAL for sure! We didn't have a receiving line either, we HID from everyone, but people started to talk to the wedding party so we got behind a bit!

    Love your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you guys kiss so gracefully :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pics are so beautiful. The ceremony was definitely the point where it all sunk in for me too. I couldn't look at the people around me or I would have been a bigger slobbery sobby mess than I already was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so beautiful!!! Love the photo of you coming out of the church!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! :) I totally know what you mean about it being surreal. I don't remember a lot of our ceremony, but watching the video sure helped! Your wedding was so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete