Friday, October 5, 2012

Esquire

Well, you can probably guess by now what's kept me distracted and away from blogging. 
I have really had a one track mind ever since I found out results were going to potentially be released October 5th. 

Yep, today. 

Basically it was wake up, work, and pray the minutes away so that Friday would get here. 

At the same time I was petrified for Friday to get here because I was 100% convinced I failed. 

We took our engagement photos this morning.. and where I had thought results would go up by 9 a.m., I was later informed it would be 11. Our photos wound up by 11:15 and I was in the car in hysterics trying to open the damn website.. to no avail. 

Sat down at the computer at home, typed as fast as my ice cold fingers would allow, and saw the words I'd been waiting my entire life to see: 

Dear Ms., 

I am pleased to advise you that you have received a passing score on the July 2012
Minnesota State Bar Examination and you will be recommended to the Minnesota
Supreme Court for admission to the bar of this state.

Longest story short, I PASSED THE BAR EXAM! I'm ecstatic. I feel like my mental health is already significantly improved. 

Off to lunch to celebrate the rest of the day off with M, with a renewed positive outlook on life! hahaha

thank you to everyone who had faith in me, even if I secretly wanted to choke all of you who told me "you'll be find, you'll pass!" it's the nature of the test.. I swear. 

peace, love, lawyered. BOOM!


14 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I remember how nervous my sister was before she got her results back. Also- you should start signing all correspondence that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOOOOO go celebrate with a non-margarita drink of your choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news! Good job, lawyer friend. Hope the engagement photo shoot went well. Can't wait to see them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good job! thats exciting, celebrate the weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's FANTASTIC news!!! Congratulations girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATS!! :) GO YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yyyyeeeeessss! Way to go, Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so beyond happy for you, you totally deserve it! I didn't know you before you took your exam, but I can tell how dedicated you must've been to passing. Go you!! Congrats, time to celebrate this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! What great news.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! YAY! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got goosebumps reading this!! Big congrats! So happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete