Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Graduation

If it feels like I've fallen off the face of the earth lately, or in the coming weeks.. I haven't. But bear with me. I'll need to start drafting posts when I have free time and then post them throughout the week because between working 8-4 and BarBri (Bar exam review class) 6-9:30 I will not have much "lounge" time this summer!

That being said, I GRADUATED Sunday! What a surreal experience. It hasn't quite hit me I'm done and I get pangs of anxiety every once in a while and it takes me a moment to identify them as, "OMG I should be outlining or reading or writing a memo!" before it hits me that NO, I shouldn't. I'm done! Of course that is replaced with bar review and outlines.. alas.

Here are some photos from the weekend. Saturday we had my good friend Andrew's graduation picnic... these are most of my group of friends and their girlfriends. the guys from L-R are Tony, Andrew, Daryl and Kevin, and the girls are Julia (Andrew's gf), Hilary (Daryl's gf), myself and Dana. Julia is going to be a 2L at the U of M, and Hilary will be a 3L at WMCL.. so, all future lawyers!


M and I Everybody the morning of Graduation! From L-R the guys are Kevin, Daryl, Dustin, Andrew and Tony, and that's me, Dana, Sammi and Rochelle. Sammi is graduating in December, but she was marshalling the ceremony and came out for photos too. The guys had put their robes on to walk to school for photos and just left them on, for whatever reason. haha. We met up at the guys' house in the morning with everyones families to have brunch and then go to school to take photos. Organized by Dana. The girls! My handsome fiance, and myself. I feel like a 15th century artist or something in the getup. Ridiculous.In front of the schoolEverybody lookin' fancyPost-ceremony.. that's M, my grandma (my mom's mom, and the wife to my grandpa I've referenced several times on here), and my uncle Tom. I'm the fourth generation graduating from WMCL, and being a lawyer in general. I work for my uncle Tom's firm right now in downtown. My little big brother, and I. Dad, myself, little broand Dana and I. The day before orientation I bumped into and was told by a high school classmate that she had a college roommate who was going to the same school as I was and if I saw her to say hi. Well who do I sit by at orientation but that college roommate- Dana. We've been friends ever since, and she's going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding next year :). She's a party-planner extraordinaire and definitely made my law school experience way more enjoyable. Love her.
After Graduation we went to Mancini's with my family, M's mom and step-dad, aunts, uncles, cousins, family friends, and my friends, all in all there were about 28 of us. Everybody was SO kind and I felt SO loved... it really was one of the most special days of my life to date. I had a baby-depression set in Monday when I thought "it's over!?"... all that hype for graduation and then it just ENDS. haha. I can only imagine what the wedding blues will be like the day after that. Good thing I have some time before experiencing that ;-)

And that's that, from Graduation! Bar Review started yesterday.. they really waste no time getting down to it. I'm thinking I may start a wedding wednesday post.. something to keep me "regular".. because the days seem to escape me.

Hope you all had a great weekend too!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So exciting! Good luck with Barbri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! Looks like it was a fabulous day, love your dress too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on graduating!! what an exciting time. you are done with law school, good luck on the bar

    ReplyDelete